The town of Alleman is a hidden treasure right in the heart of Iowa. It is home to three of the four buildings in the North Polk school district. Located between Ankeny and Ames, it maintaines a small-town feel without being far from the city.
Alleman was named after the son of Peter (Pierre) Alleman, John Lewis Alleman, who gave land to the Fort Dodge, Des Moines, and Southern Railway for right of way.
Although the post office was established in 1908, Alleman is the newest town that was added to Polk County on May 18, 1973.